Senior UX Interaction Designer, Creative Team
November 13, 2020
The Senior Interaction Designer is first an interaction designer. Strong visual design skills are a nice-to-have and not a requirement. You will work closely with one or more product teams to develop a point of view on our users, their challenges, and the product features we need to deliver in order to meet their needs. Then, knowing what we want to do, the Sr. Interaction Designer will design the interfaces we need to develop in order to deliver those features.
The successful candidate will have a deep portfolio of interaction design at all level of fidelity from rough sketches to final spec documents, with a specific emphasis on the kinds of complex design challenges common with enterprise software.
You work equally well with designers, product managers and engineers, and understanding the symbiosis that exists in a cross-functional team. You have a passion for design and innovation and understand that culture is the foundation of success in UX.
This is not an entry-level position. You must be able to work independently on multiple projects, engaging at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executive staff.
- Experience on cross-functional design and development teams creating web-based products
- Proficiency in key design applications, and the knowledge of when to use which tools
- Pen and paper, whiteboard and marker
- Wireframes and Visual design tools, including Sketch
- Prototyping tools, including Sketch, Abstract, Invision, and Principle
- Communication tools, including Slack, QQ, and WhatsApp
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in a Computer Science, Interaction Design, and/or Visual Communication Design discipline (Masters’ degree or equivalent work experience preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital product development such as apps, desktop, web, and/or digital ecosystems (7+ years preferred)
- Work with Product teams to build a deep understanding of our product family and our various end user audiences
- Lead the design for specific web product feature initiatives
- Work with Visual Designers and pattern libraries to define how these features will be executed
- Act as key liaison with the global engineering teams responsible for the implementation of the designs.
- Promote a culture of empathy for the end user, as seen through the focus on business objectives
- Communicate your ideas to a broad audience
- Work in well-organized professional team
- Interesting and challenging tasks, opportunities for self-realization and career growth
- Corporate training programs, English language courses during working hours
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, paid sick leave
- Health Insurance
- Comfortable working conditions, office in the center of the city with free underground parking slot